05 March 2009

Paper City Radler Bräu (MA)

If ever there's a time to drink this, it isn't in March. Radler is beer mixed with Sprite or sparkling lemonade or something. For all the respect Germany receives for its brewing tradition, they sure do know how to adulterate the stuff. I suppose if someone offered you Diet Sprite and then said "would you like beer in that?" it wouldn't seem so bad. But why not just take the beer?

Paper City's take on the style talks of "natural lemon flavor" rather than specifically mentioning soda (or "tawnic"... it's in Massachusetts). It's golden in color with a fairly decent head, and a mouthfeel that is light and spritzy. The lemon taste is subtle, and not tart at all, nor sweet. Instead, it's like a mixture of Corona and lemon Crystal Light. Watery and dull. In the heat, it could be refreshing, but even then there are better options.

Paper City Brewery seems to have an affinity for fruit beers: they have three fruit lagers listed on their site. I'd hope they're all better than Radler Brau.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i am fresh to this, I came upon this message board I find It incredibly useful and it has helped me out so much. I hope to give something back and aid other users like it has helped me.

Thanks, Catch You Later

Anonymous said...

Salutary!!! Bookmarked this number that has this extraordinarily good facts. Drive check in aid to divine if there are any updates. You, the author, are a master. Thanks
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

Great job on the site, it looks wonderful. I am going to bookmark it and when one pleases vote in as tried to check frequently
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on
how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks
Also see my website - africanmangoplusguide.com